Gardening

Friday, June 16, 2023

Summer travel, where to go, what to see

 Hey y’all.  So I am going to share some awesome places to visit in Illinois and Missouri. Ill be adding South Carolina soon. I’ll be updating whenever I think of anything. I am brainstorming right now and later today I’ll add pics n links for ya. 

I came across an interesting live stream for Europe and added that at the bottom.


Illinois

Jerseyville-

JerseyCounty Fair-

Rodeo: Thursday July 13th. 2023 7pm. Fairgrounds. Videos to follow.

I made a blooper reel!




Chicago- 

Def the Field Museum 


I can't find any uncopyrighted pic yet.


Medieval times dinner theater




The Art Institute of Chicago




Day cruises on Lake Michigan or Chicago River

This is so cool. A must to do list. 




Palmisano park for fishing hiking etc.




Grant skate park is Huge  





Oz Park is a Wizard of Oz theme I love these style parks the pics are unique, and that memory will forever stand out.  




Grafton-

Bald Eagles  (from Jan to March)  

Shuttle tours etc.



Grafton harbor

https://graftonharbor.com/



Grafton winery

https://www.thegraftonwinery.com/



Great River Road you have the Mississippi on one side and those gorgeous bluffs on the other. Not my pics. Artist is named on the pic.




Pere Marquette Park 



Zip line at Aeries resort, and below a lift that my hubby and I did last year.  Beautiful and not expensive.  Tho the resort and winery are pricey.  

https://www.aeriesresort.com/



3rd chute bar n grill.  Went there last month. If ya catch the band, money shot I think, you are in for a treat.  We went to the 3rd floor which looks down on the stage.  

https://www.facebook.com/people/3rd-Chute-Bar-Grill/100063698165162/



Missouri-

St. Louis Zoo- Free admission, paid parking, but you can find free if ya walk a little. All food and drink purchasing goes 100% to animal care. We go every year and I'll tell ya some years multiple times. We have gone Spring, Summer and Fall. If it is too hot or cold most animals are not out. Even then, it is a good visit.


Aquarium- Paid admission (buy tickets beforehand). You can get discounted parking, check out the plan your visit link on their website.


Meramec Caverns- You can spend the whole day or weekend here. Lots to do. Zipline, caves, float trips. They have a hotel and campsite. It's one of my fave places in Missouri.



Roaring Rivers State Park-Absolutely beautiful park. A must see if you love water, hiking etc. 






South Carolina- I am planning a trip next year. I def will add some goodies to this section then.


Florida-

I may be sneaking in a Florida trip the end of this year! SHHHHH. I will get back to you.








Europe-

I prob won't ever make it over there. I do have on my bucket list; Ireland and Scotland, I def will share any experiences I have from that. 

So, for my peeps I found this live stream that starts June 25th, 2023. Check it out. I will also look into accommodations, sites, etc.

Europe travel must haves





Stay tuned for more updates. Join my newsletter through Blogtrottr to keep informed. 

Blogtrotr - You can sign up for a free account and keep your subscriptions in order. I signed up and it is EASY! Just add https://outdoorsniche.blogspot.com and https://nerdyniche.blogspot.com for updates and a monthly newsletter. (I'll be posting a video on how easy it is!)

https://blogtrottr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can request a review but keep everything short n clean

Gardening

Ice skating, Ice hockey

  This website contains links to products that are part of affiliate programs. If you click on these links and make a purchase, I may earn a...

Outdoorlighting